Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Growing Boy

Oscar is growing so big! We had out 2 month checkup yesterday and were happy with his progress. He now weighs in at 11 pounds 5 ounces and is 24 1/2 inches. He is in the 32% for weight and 89% for length. Good Job Oscar! We knew he was getting long because I have had to switch him to his 3 to 6 month pajamas because with the feet he can't stretch all the way out.
The doctor helped put our minds at easy about other things as well. He did pretty good when they gave him shots. He just looked so surprised and mad that someone would do that to him but then I just feed him and he was calm. He let us eat for about 20 mins at our favorite place the Training Table. But then he wasn't so good on the ride home. He cried a lot. And when I went to get him out of his carseat he had throw-up on him. He cries so hard in the car sometimes he throws up. He hasn't become the expert car rider like he used to be when he was just a few weeks old. Makes for unpleasant traveling.

Even more exciting is Oscar has been such a good sleeper at night the last couple of nights. I book has been recommended to me but a couple of different friends so I have been reading like crazy. Well Wednesday night Oscar slept from 8:30 until 4:15. I couldn't believe it. I for sure thought it was just a one time thing but last night he slept from 9'ish until 5 this morning. How wonderful. When he wakes up too he eats and goes right back to sleep for another couple of hours. It has been heaven getting that much sleep all at once.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am glad you are getting sleep. That is hard to be tired all the time. I need a good nights sleep to not be a grouch the next day. He is a cutie!!

Piano Mom said...

I am so glad that Oscar's letting you get a little sleep...it makes for a more pleasant mommy!

Natalie said...

Yay! It sounds like things are going great for your family and isn't it the best when they start to sleep for long stretches at night? I don't know how any mom functions on the 1-hour-on, 1-hour-off schedule we keep for the first several months of having a new baby. Saturday works better for us, but Sunday would be fine if that's better for you. We are so excited to see you! Just to let you know, the girls have had colds for two weeks and I've had one for one week, so I don't think we're contagious anymore, but if you want to keep Oscar away from our germs, we totally understand and can meet up next week.

Jennica said...

Yay for you! Glad everyone's getting so much sleep. And he's so friggin' cute! Love the spooky shirt. I'm excited to see you, and I hope it all works out. I need to find out what day works for you, and then try and sweet talk you in to going to Rachel's???? Pretty please?! This will give us more time and then I won't have to drive another 5 hours on top of the already 10 to Idaho, 3 to Logan and then back again.
Call me and let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! The subject is so darn cute. Give him a squeeze from his Gma & Gpa.

Love, Mom & Dad