Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oscar in his sling

Before we moved back to Utah, Lola bought me a sling to help with little Oscar on the airplane ride home. Little did I know how much use I would get out of this sling. Oscar and I go on walks all over Grantsville with this thing and he just sleeps the whole time. Living in a small town now it is kind of nice because I can walk pretty much anywhere I want to go. We have made several trips to the post office to mail things off or to the local grocery store to pick something up. When Deke gets off work we will head out with Izzie and Oscar. I am not looking forward to the colder weather because my walking will be limited. It has also been very handy when we have gone into Salt Lake for a shopping trip. Oscar just sleeps away! Deke has tried to switch over to the carrier now so he can carry him but Oscar isn't much of a fan of that yet. The sling is good up to 20 lbs (only if my shoulder can handle it). It's good exercise hauling around 10 more extra pounds and getting some much needed fresh air during the day.

Little O just waking up after getting back from our walk. He is nice and snug in there.

I love this time of year!! The crisp air and the changing leaves, wish it would stay this way for awhile!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I never had a sling...it sounds like you are getting lots of use out of it doing all of that walking!

Natalie said...

I totally agree about fall...I'm sad that winter is inevitably on its way. Karli is sitting on my lap right now and she said, "Oh! I see yittol Ostah! He so tute!" I love the picture of him sticking out his tongue. He is absolutely darling! Do you have plans for the weekend? If not, let's meet up.