Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Activites


Halloween was a lot more exciting then in years past. In Lansing all we did was hand out candy to the trick or treaters. So this year it was fun to get dressed up (even though I struggle with costumes) and go to a couple of parties. Deke's friend Jacob's parents had a party the weekend before Halloween. Deke went as Babe Ruth (hence the Yankee garb) and Oscar went as a Tiger. I guess I went as a new mom because I didn't have time to get ready before the party as I was feeding Oscar.

The Monday before Halloween, Shelly (Deke's sister) had a fun party at her house. I dressed up as Huck Finn and Oscar again was the Tiger. This time Deke did not dress up because he didn't get home from work until 8:30. The party was a hit! The kids enjoyed hitting the pinyata and getting the candy. Pumpkins were carved and good food was served. I would have to say that Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth stole the show with their costumes. But it was fun to see everyone dressed up. I am already trying to think of a costume I can wear next year so I will be better prepared! Hope you all had a fun Halloween. I still think it is crazy that November is already here.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That sounds like fun...I love your costume. I had a piano student dress up as Huck Finn for my recital. And Oscar is a very fierce looking Tiger...glad to see you got lots of use out of that costume...money well spent!

Natalie said...

Yay! You all look great and I'm glad you had a fun Halloween. We are finally over our colds, so let's get together. We love Oscar's tiger costume...he is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you into the swing of things. You look happy. Oscar is getting bigger & bigger. He is so cute. Halloween is pretty much forgotten here in Germany but it's way overdone in the USA. I would like a happy medium.

How are things shaping up for Thanksgiving?

Love, Mom & Dad

Piano Mom said...

I love your costume! This year, I just wore a black sweater and a witch's hat for Halloween...not real exciting (although I do love the hat...it has feathers and flowers and netting on it). I had a whole family of hippies at my recital and I think that would be a fun costume. Give the tiger a hug for me...he looked so cute in his costume!

Rebekah said...

Halloween is my favorite with kids. You look cute and way to skinny for having a newborn.

Jennica said...

So friggin' cute! He's all mine when I come visit! and ps, I don't think I'll be bringing the boys....sorry for you, not me. But who knows? maybe Rob will be begging me to take them after our long car ride all in one day!

Jennica said...

Loved the costumes by the way. Mostly Oscar's though. I couldn't see all of you, so I'll give you runner up for the creativity, and third to Derrick for of course something sporty....how original for him, am I right?