Tuesday, November 4, 2008

For Real

Shocking news, I have been called to be in the nursery in our new ward. Can you believe this? Not only have we only been to sacrament meeting twice since we moved back to Utah, I just previously got out of my Lansing Ward were I served in the nursery for 2 1/2 years. So I'm not sure if I just scream nursery leader or sucker? I'm not real sure how this is all going to work out. Having a new baby and all. I feel like I have accomplished tons just getting to church on time and staying through sacrament meeting (because it is about 10:30 that Oscar is ready to eat again). On the good side there aren't too many kids in the nursery and there is someone else in there, so I won't be alone. I'll let you know how things go next week.

7 comments:

Jennica said...

Sucker for sure! You love kids too much apparently. I'm anxious to hear all about it. Our Nurserly leaders are absolute saints! There are at least 10 in ours right now......did I mention that Carter's one of them?

Jennica said...

Yes, that's right...Saints!

so you must be doing something right!

Rebekah said...

I did nursery for three years in our ward. We had about 60 kids, it was one of my favorite callings. Ben was in there with me and so was my good friend, so that made it fun.

Renee said...

Is this in Larson's ward that you've been called to the nursery? Why didn't you tell them you'd rather be the Primary pianist? I agree with Jennica. Your love for kids radiates from you. So.......enjoy.

Love, Mom & Dad

Piano Mom said...

Should I offer my condolonces? I honestly can't believe that they'd ask a new mom to serve in nursery. Best of luck to you! Maybe Derrick can take Oscar with him?

Rachel said...

Did you ask if it was an inspired calling or just a convenient one? Our ward usually releases women who are expecting babies or have newborns...I'm kindof surprised that they would actually extend this calling...but you will be great! Good luck and let us know how Sunday goes.

Natalie said...

Holy cow, Leslie! I won't lie...that sucks! You are an amazing woman, though, and I know you'll be a great nursery leader. My girls still ask if you can be their teacher in our Alpine nursery. You have all of my best wishes! Those kids are darn lucky, that's for sure. :)