Friday, November 21, 2008

Rival Week

With the big game scheduled for kick-off at 4:00, there is no question what we will be watching on TV (minus all the flipping my husband must do to avoid commericials and check on the other games). Who will I be cheering for? Yes, I have married into a family that despise the Cougars and anybody that has met my dad knows he is a HUGE Cougar fan! So my whole life I have always cheered for the Y. When Deke and I got married, Deke wanted to buy season tickets to the U. Of course I went to the games and cheered for the Utes (this was a first in my life). When the big rival game came that season I dressed in my Blue and went and sat among the enemies. I will admit I was a little bit torn who to cheer for because it was the year Alex Smith was the quaterback for the Utes and the year they could break into the BCS. So in the end I was happy to see the Utes win and head to the Fiesta Bowl and show that the BCS was a big joke. I will admit though ever since that game I am a closet Y fan still. I keep quiet around my in-laws and hope for the Cougars to do their best. I was sad to see the Y lose to TCU and wished for them to hand the Utes a lose too. So tomorrow I will dress myself in blue along with my little Oscar (oh his dad will be so mad!) Too bad little O doesn't have a Y onesie to sport to show his Harris pride as the Cougars Rise and Shout!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm going to post a video of Amber and Karli's anti-BYU cheer just for you! :) This should be a great game.

Deke said...

LITTLE-O WILL NOT BE IN AGGIE BLUE (the color the Zoobies stole.)! He knows better then to get messed up with a bunch of wusses from Utah County.

The Moody's said...

So Scared! My family would kill me if I ever dared dress in Blue. I think you're brave Les! Take pictures of you and Litte O before Derrick undresses him! lol

Piano Mom said...

Go Cougars! (Although I really think that the U will win, BYU's defense is about non-existent.) And Leslie, don't be afraid to cheer loudly!

Liz said...

I live in a split house too! Jillian does have a little BYU outfit but its too big. Otherwise she'd be wearing it tomorrow.

Jennica said...

Good for you! May the Cougar pride never die. Just remember the undying love our dear old dad has for the Y, and let that burn on in you. Too bad they lost though. ......sorry dad!