Sunday, August 31, 2008

What is going on right now...

So Friday we took Oscar to the doctors again (the doctor said to bring him back right before we moved). He is doing so good! Deke and I had a bet going to see who could guess his weight. I said O would weigh 6 lbs 10 oz and Deke was guessing around 7 lbs. Needless to say I was closer, Oscar weighed in at 6 lbs 11 oz. Not too bad for just being 12 days old. So in 11 days he put on 9 oz.

Deke got a call on our place on Friday and some lady is coming to look at the place on Monday. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that she wants it. It would be so nice to be able to sell it and not have to worry about it while we are in Utah and count on our friend to show it too people. She is really interested in ours because it has central air.

Deke's parents came into town on Saturday. It has been nice to have them here. Oscar is getting to know his grandparents. They have been big help in watching him so we can get our stuff packed up.

I turn in my two week notice in Tuesday. I'm kindof nervous and I don't know why. I'm pretty sure my boss knows that I'm not coming back (she took away all my projects before I had little O) but I still don't like to do these things.

I'm getting super excited to be back in Utah on Wednesday. It is still hard for me to believe that we are finished here in Michigan. I'm nervous to be without Deke for a couple of days. He helps out so much with Oscar. He always makes sure I get atleast a good 2-3 hours of straight sleep a night which makes a world of difference.

We are still packing up our place but feel like we have gotten rid of so much! Deke has already taken one car load of stuff to goodwill. And we have thrown away so much. It has been good! How do we end up with so much stuff? Makes me scared to buy a house and live in it for years and years.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay for Oscar! He's so cute and I'm glad he's doing well. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you and your house; it would be awesome if you can sell it right away. Utah is marvelous! I can't wait for you to be here. :)

Rebekah said...

When we put our house up for sale we decluttered and put stuff in boxes in the garage. When we finally moved 9 months later I couldnt even remeber what was in those boxes. We obvioulsy didnt really need whatever they are full of. I am way excited for you to come back. We will have to get together. I know you are going to love being a stay at home mom, but it can get really boring.

Piano Mom said...

Leslie,
I'll make sure you get lots of sleep! I can't wait to hold Oscar, and of course I am excited to have him (and you) live so much closer!!!! Good luck packing up all of your stuff...it is amazing how much we accumulate isn't it! Bryan and I just decided the other day that it's time to go through the storage room again, and we went through the coat closet this morning. At least you are willing to get rid of stuff...it makes a difference!

Rachel said...

Les, sounds like things are moving forward. We will keep our fingers crossed that you are able to sell your house. Can't wait to see you next weekend and hold that baby of yours. Take care!

The Moody's said...

Packing and a new baby...wow...that's alot..you are awesome! I hope you are getting rest Leslie! I bet you will love being back here close to your sisters! :)

Jennica said...

Looks like Lil-O might be called Lil-Tank soon. Good for him, and you milk lady! I'm loving looking at your little boy so much! And I just love his hair. I can't wait to see him, whenever that will be. Keep up the pics and cute descriptions, you and Deke are so cute with your family.

Oh, and I've got my fingers crossed for ya too.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you guys to move back to Utah, but I feel your pain. Moving with a newborn has to be 10 times more difficult than doing it pregnant, and doing it pregnant put me over the edge.=) Let me know if you need help once you arrive...I'd love to babysit.