Friday, August 8, 2008

Last Law School Class, Yippee!!


So my dog officially sat in his very last law school class yesterday. Can you believe it? He didn’t realize it until he was driving home and it didn’t even occur to me until he said something yesterday. I still have a hard time believing that this journey is over (atleast the class part of it, I guess it isn’t officially over until December and then the Bar in February). But still a huge chunk of it is done! I’m excited to have my husband back without the stress of class and finals always looming over his head. I am so proud of him and all the sacrifices he has made! He is such a hard worker! He has been through so much stress (especially this last semester with the baby and the move) and he still makes me feel so loved and that I am #1 in his life. I know I couldn’t of balanced my life in that way the last 3 years going through what he has. We both know that these last 3 years have brought us closer together and have made us depend on each other more than ever. Living away from family has been a good experience but we are excited to be closer than we are now. (FYI, I got my plane ticket yesterday and me and baby will arrive in Utah on September 3rd )

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Way to go Derrick! And...way to go Les for hanging in there! I'm marking my calendar and I'm sure I'll be counting down the days until you are here. Take care!

Deke said...

Come on L-Dog as nice is that is for you to write that stuff you know this is the type of blog posts that I think are way to cheesy. Wait a minute that might be the reason you did it.

Touche!

Brynn said...

One of the best days of our life = being done with law school!!! Congratulations you guys!

Piano Mom said...

Congratulations Dog! I am so excited to have you guys move back...I know you won't live super close, but it'll be closer than Michigan! Do you want me to fly out and help you pack? Do you need help when you have the baby? I am so excited!

Natalie said...

Hooray! I love the picture. Isn't it a grand feeling to know they don't have to read 300 pages a night (well, I guess, until February)? I'm so excited for you guys and we definitely need to hang out in Utah. I think we need to have a graduation party for the wives of law school students. :) Amber keeps asking if "Baby Ostar" is out of your tummy yet.

Jennica said...

Wow, you guys are so done! I'm surprised at how fast it went by, for me that is. Anyways, so excited for you guys and the future and that baby of yours! Call and tell me everything!