Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Long Day.....

Today has been a long day. I started the day off calling in sick to work. I had a Dr appointment this afternoon and decided that I might as well make a whole day of it instead of working half a day. I hit the gym in the morning and then went to see the doctor. I found this appointment a little funny. To inform those that didn't know my blood pressure has been a little high at my last 5 visits. Last visit I was really swollen in my feet and legs and would like to think that contributed to the high weight gain for one week. So today I was curious to see how things would be. First my weight was down 3 pounds from last week so that was a good thing! Then when the nurse took my blood pressure it was totally normal 110/80. And my feet and ankles were not swollen. So needless to say I think I should take work off for ever doctor appointment I have left (even if it is only 2). I talked to the doctor about being induced if I go over my due date. He said it wouldn't be a problem if some things have progressed. So next week at my appointment they are going to check me to see if anything is happening. I don't really want to be induced, I'm just scared that labor will be longer and more pain full this way with my first. But to give me some time to recover and let Deke and I get a little used to being parents before we move (we are going to be cutting it close anyways) we have decided that it will be best to get things done if I go over my due date. We have decided to move back the first week in September. Deke just has to get through next Saturday and we are good to go.

I have spent the rest of the afternoon and night cleaning our place. We have an inspection tomorrow since we are selling our place. I must say things look really clean! It makes me wonder why I don't keep things up on a regularly basis. There is nothing better than a clean house! Now the goal is to keep things put away so when someone calls to come see the place (and hopefully they will) there won't be a mad scrabble to pick things up. I put together a little flier about our place because the office said they would mail it out for us to those that are going through the qualification process. Hopefully the pictures will draw someone to want to come and buy our place. I know when we looked at them some of the places we went into where in bad shape so hopefully that is how things are now!

I swear days that I don't go to work I feel like I work harder than when I'm there.

Yesterday Deke and I went to the hospital to take a tour of the facilities so we have some idea where we are suppose to go and what we can expect to a point. Deke and I couldn't believe that there were only 2 babies in the nursery when we there. We kept saying that if we were in Utah there would way more. Not that I feel more prepared to give birth but at least we know what doors to go in depending on the time of day this all takes place.

*Sorry if this doesn't read well. I don't have the energy to reread it and make corrections.

4 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Yay! The first week of September...really? When do you want me to come out and help? I am so excited to have you come back! And I definitely think you should take more days off of work if it effects you in such a positive way! As for being induced...chances are you might be in labor longer, but I was induced with #3 and the doctor/nurses were surprised at just how fast my labor was. Granted she was not my first, but you just never know. I didn't have a long labor with any of them, and I don't think Rachel had long labors either...I don't know about Jen!

Anonymous said...

Good to read your blog now that we know how to get on to it again.

Can't believe that 3 years in Michigan are finally coming to an end. It has gone by fast is some ways & slow in others.

Yes, we too think that you & Derrick are ready to be parents but it will nevertheless be quite an adjustment. Our best to you both. Let us know as soon as something happens!!! Or you make something happen & Good Luck to Derrick in his finals.

Love, Dad & Mom

Rachel said...

I can't believe that in one month you will be here...permanently! I can't wait! Is Alayna coming out to Michigan to help? I can't do that...but I can come and unpack all of your boxes for you so you can spoil your new baby boy!!! Keep us updated on how your doctor appointment goes next week...it's good to hear that you've lost 3 pounds and that your blood pressure is down. I bet that your labor goes pretty fast because you have been exercising a lot...so being induced probably won't make a huge difference. Let us know what you decide.

Natalie said...

Nesty, nesty! If I had known you were home today, I would've come to help you clean...wait a minute, maybe it's better I didn't bring the Clark Cylcone over. :) I'm glad your blood pressure is down, and I'm totally for being induced, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll be a candidate. We are so thrilled for you and Derrick and can't wait to see the little one. Good luck on the house selling process, too!