Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baby Shower at Work

On Tuesday my work gave me a baby shower. I was overwhelmed with their generosity and all the wonderful things that we received. They did it during our lunch break and served pizza and salads. Everything turned out so nice. My good friends Caroline, Lisa, Alaina and Brett did most of the planning and then others helped out by bringing in some of the side dishes. It was a lot of fun! My friend Caroline made the giraffe in the pictures and Nancy put together the cute diaper cake. I came home and Derrick couldn't believe all the things that we received. Later that night laid everything out on the spare bed so I could take pictures. I am such a dork!

I think we are pretty ready for this little boy to arrive. We still need to get the car seat and stroller but other than that I think we are set for now. I'm sure there will be things that come up. We are trying to only buy things that we need for the first little bit so we don't have to pack everything back to Utah.

I am starting to realize that our time here in Michigan is almost over and I think it will be harder saying goodbye to the good friends I have made then I thought it would be. We have been so blessed during our time in Michigan. Things have worked out so well for us. We are amazed how our Heavenly Father is so mindful of us and knows what is the best thing for us even when we don't.

The count down is on...Only 4 more weeks to go! We are getting so excited to hold and love our son! We just hope and pray that he will be a healthy strong little guy!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun baby shower! I love the diaper cake and the bib that says "chicks dig me"...soooo cute! I'm sure you will never forget your time in Michigan and all of the friends you have made...it's good to hear that you have been blessed while away. With all of that said...I still can't wait for you to move back! Keep us posted on the last 4 weeks of your pregnancy.

Natalie said...

The bib is also my favorite! I'm glad you had a fun/bounteous shower. The diaper cake is darling, too. I can't wait to see your little boy; he's going to be darling!

Piano Mom said...

What a great baby shower! I am so happy to hear that you've made such great friends out there in Michigan. It looks like you received some fantastic stuff! I can't wait for the little guy's arrival.

Brynn said...

Look at those cute cute shoes too! That looked like lots of fun! It's so great to get fun stuff for your baby...I just always wanted to change his clothes with every diaper change cause he got so much great stuff! Good luck on the last month! Time will fly!