Saturday, August 23, 2008

Aren't the Olympics the Best!!

We just can't get enough of the Olympics. Of course our favorite was watching Michael Phelps. I don't think I could scream at the TV more when they barely beat the Frogs (French) in the relay race. Both Deke and I were pretty into that race. Deke even would watch gymnastic with me. We both were excited when Shawn Johnson got her Gold on the Balance Beam. She is a cutie! I love her smile. What happened with the Americans in Track and Field. I swear our runners are the best and they didn't even make it in the relays to the medal run because they couldn't pass the baton to each other. I felt so bad for Lolo when she hit the 2nd to last hurdle. Then to watch the Jamaicans run. Man can Usian Bolt run! What I would give to be able to run that fast just once. I can't imagine how it would feel to have the air hit my face as I ran down the track.

One of the events we watched and don't particular love is Diving. Deke thinks it is only far to put you in weight class because depending on how big or little you are he thinks plays a role in your splash. And let's be honest those Chinese girls are tiny! I swear they only weigh 70 pounds. I proceeded to say how there is no way I could jump off the high dive. It would freak me out. Deke then proceeded to paint a picture for me. He said he would love to do it. He would get himself a Confederate Flag (just to get a reaction from the judges) speedo and would jump off the high dive and pretend he was riding a bicycle into the pool. We both couldn't stop laughing! I was trying to feed Oscar so I was trying not to laugh so he would stay latched on but the more he painted the picture I could only imagine the sight of him jumping off the high dive in his speedo pretending he was riding his bicycle into the pool.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Ha ha ha! I had to read that second paragraph to Brian and we laughed and laughed too! :) You guys are hilarious...and I love the pictures in your last post of Oscar. There is nothing so handsome as a husband that is a good daddy. It always makes me happy to see Joseph or Kate snuggling with Brian. Oscar sure is a lucky little guy to have you guys as parents!

Natalie said...

That mental picture is way too hilarious/frightening. I was the same way during the swimming races and am stoked that Phelps won all gold medals. The Olympics are sweet; I'll be sad when they're over. It'll be even better in 2012 when Derrick is on the U.S. diving team, though!

Rebekah said...

I loved watching swimming too. Benjamin thought that I was a bit of a geek though, I was way excited for Michael Phelps.