Monday, September 8, 2008

We are here....

Well we have arrived in Utah! The flight wasn't all that bad. Oscar did really well, I was a little nervous because we had to sit on the plane before take off for an hour due to thunderstorms, but he just slept soundly in his sling (thanks Lola, it was very handy). He cried a few times but for the most part it went pretty smoothly! The most eventful thing on the trip was Jerry Sloan was on our flight. He sat 3 rows behind Lola in first class. He said Oscar has great potential!

Deke arrived late Friday night and we were so excited to see him! It was a long drive and he doesn't plan on doing it again! They left around 11 on Thursday and pulled into G-ville around midnight Friday night.

Oscar is being spoiled by all his Aunts. They love to bounce him and he sure enjoys that. Friday I went into Riverton so my 2 sisters could met Oscar. It was so good to spend time with them. Being in the Sandy area was weird though without being able to see my parents. It makes me miss them tons! But how I love to hear their voices on the phone. I will for sure inform my little Oscar that he has another set of grandparents that love him so much and can't wait to meet him in 18 months!

Deke started his externship today. And good news we got another call on our townhouse. Hopefully one of these people will make a decision and buy it!

Oscar has finally decided that he likes his swing-hooray! He has been sleeping in it for awhile now. It sure lets me get some stuff done. I don't know how all you Moms out there get things done with a newborn. It was all I could do to get in a 20 minute workout session on the bike, then rock Oscar back to sleep, jump in the shower, feed Oscar, have a little playtime and tummy time and then get some lunch for myself. Still no makeup on and do you ever get to do your hair? I'm sporting a ponytail for the 4th day in a row :) But I sure love him!

6 comments:

Jennica said...

Oh, I love all this journaling, because I'm missing out on so much. So sad I can't be there, stupid Washington. I bet it would be weird to come and visit and not see mom and dad.

Good luck on the normal day. The only thing I've found that works, is if you get up before him and get ready, but who wants to do that? I want all the sleep I can get!

So want to see Oscar! Dont let him grow up too fast before I get to see him!

Brynn said...

The last paragraph made me laugh, but, I say AMEN to everything you said! I'm impressed you got your 20 minute workout in! Until very recently I haven't wanted to wake up if both the kids are sleeping...but now I get up before everybody and walk for an hour. (I usually take one of the kids with me...Kate if it's real early and Joseph if he's awake) Anyways, I'm impressed you're doing all that...Oscar is still just a little guy! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Derrick made it home. Hope there were no incidents along the way. I am so jealous of Alayna & Rachel because they have seen that darling Oscar. What a sweetie. So close to heaven. Too bad it will all change but then you can have the fun of really interacting with the little guy.

Today is my cooking day. I'm going to do Umani Meatballs & hope that I have planned on enough. That's my biggest fear. So far everyone has liked what I've cooked. Hope it continues.

Well, take care Leslie bird. We love you tons. I know that you are a great mother!

Love, Dad & Mom

Natalie said...

I'm glad you all made it safely and soundly, and that Oscar was good for you on the plane. I totally know how it goes (the ponytail, I mean), but I figure that newborns grow up to be snotty kids who never want their mommies around, so take advantage of every moment that they think you're the coolest person they know (it's amazing how feeding ability equals popularity, huh?). I'm sure you look fantastic. We can't wait to see you again! Amber and Karli keep asking me if Oscar is a big baby now.

Rachel said...

Les, Friday night was fun...wish it could've been a little longer. Oscar is so freakin' adorable...you are such a good mom! Take it easy and keep us all up to date on your happenings!

Piano Mom said...

I am so happy you are back...and yes, the Aunts are totally going to spoil that sweet little boy! Funny how your priorities have to change when you have a baby...you'll find a routine that works for you though! (One that does include getting your hair done.)