Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Surviving

So things are going pretty good. Our little Oscar has his fussy time from 10 to midnight it seems. He is so tired but just fights going to sleep. Deke and I keep telling him he is ruining his chances for any siblings but he doesn't seem to care. Other than that he does really good. He eats like a champ (i swear i am always feeding him) and looks like he is put on even more weight from when he was weighed last week at the Dr (he weighed in at 7 lbs 13 oz). I have even started putting him in his 0 to 3 months clothes. I tried to go to the grocery store last week and thought everything was going good and lingered a little longer than I should of and Oscar started screaming. Oh the joys and I made a big first mom mistake and took him out of his car seat to try and calm him down (I've learned my lesson, just leave him in the car seat). We have been going on walks and he loves that, he sleeps really good! We even ventured out to dinner with some friends on the weekend and he did really good. Now when they came back to the house with us was another story remind you it was 10 o'clock. All in all we are doing good.

Deke is loving his internship. They are in court everyday. He is eating it all up! He almost got to go in front of the judge and do a motion by himself (Jacob was busy taking care of something else) but at the last minute Jacob returned and took care of it. His paper he did on DUI's is coming in handy. But he is just learning tons and enjoying himself. It is fun to see him in his suit and tie everyday. I think we will need to invest in some more work clothes for him.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey we need to get together. I can't wait to see your baby. Call me and we can do lunch or I can come for a visit.

Rachel said...

I am loving all of your blogging...now that you have a baby! Being a mom is the greatest and I'm sure that you will have many more grocery shopping experiences. It's good to hear that Derrick is enjoying his days in court...isn't that what lawyers do? We all need to get together again before Oscar gets too big!!!

Anonymous said...

Finally, someone updated their blog. Sounds like motherhood is agreeing with you & sounds like being in court is agreeing with Derrick. Now, where are the pictures. He is growing so fast. You've got to keep us in the loop.

We were trained by Elder & Sister Meng over the Outreach Centers all over Europe today. They now live in Frankfurt but call Rigby, ID home. They were super nice & now a lot more things are understandable. I am very tired though so I'll drop out now. Will write later.

Love, Mom

Natalie said...

It's awful when babies decide to be fussy when their parents most need a break (like nighttime!), but hopefully it won't last too long. It seems like my kids grew out of it after a month or two, which may not seem like any consolation right now, but it will get better! I'm with you on the work-clothing investment need...I think Adam alternates wearing the same two outfits every other day. Maybe Derrick and Adam can meet up and go shopping (yikes!). :) We can't wait to see you all.

Jennica said...

I love all this updating and pictures! He is so stinkin' cute, I can't get over it!
and yes,...don't ever take him out of his car seat, I'm glad you learned your lesson.