Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Official...

I am getting released from nursery next Sunday. After being in there since we moved to Michigan I am ready to be done washing sippy cups every week! Looks like I am going to be just hanging out at church with nothing to do for awhile, but that is alright by me!!

So that is the biggest news of the week. We have been getting tons of rain here for the last couple of days. All the snow is melted. Today when I woke up it was already 56 degrees outside. Craziness, but I’ll take it. Warmer weather is all right by me. Derrick is starting up with his classes this week. I’m sure that will keep him busy for awhile. He gets stir crazy during his breaks when he is home by himself all day. Hopefully this week we will get back into the swing of things. Last week I was a slacker must of the week so this week I should get back to my routine. I signed up to take a Yoga class again with some friends from work. I am excited for it to start next week; I really enjoyed it last year.

Derrick and I have been watching the Showtime series Dexter on DVD. I think I am enjoying it more than he is but he is watching them with me anyways. Saturday night we watched like 5 episodes. It is really an interesting series. Then yesterday after I took my Sunday nap (Derrick has been staying up way too late so he didn’t want to take a nap in hopes he could get to bed at a descent hour) we watched the 25th Hour. It was an interesting movie. Both Derrick and I really bought into Ed Norton’s character. I would recommend the movie but beware Spike Lee directed it so it has the typical Spike Lee kind of language in the movie.

Well those are the happenings for the last couple of days. Hopefully I can be a better blogger and post more frequently then once a month!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sure you feel relieved...being in the nursery can be physically and mentally draining. So...do you love yoga? Should I try it again? What are the benefits? Anyways, have an awesome week!!!

Piano Mom said...

YAY! I can't believe you've survived nursery as long as you have...you go girl! I LOVE yoga...I really should get back in to it. I have an at home DVD, but I really prefer taking the classes. We have a great yoga instructor here in the neighborhood, and I should take advantage of it. Talk to you soon!

Deke said...

If anyone can find L-dog a Dexter T-shirt I promise she would wear it everyday. I haven't seen a series set her on fire like this show has and I'm really surprised because of the story line. I'm proud of her it looks like her tastes are becoming more exquisite, thank goodness because I couldn't handle CSI, Without a Trace.

L-dog didn't explain it too well, but Dexter is a show about a blood splatter expert that works for the Miami Metro police department. However he has a dark secret he is also a serial killer, but he only kills criminals that have escaped punishment from the law. So Dexter has a need to kill just by his nature and he feeds that need by killing people that the law can't get too. I know that it sounds bizarre and that is the beauty of the series. Dexter kills the man that has 12 DUI's resulting in deaths that has shattered families, the teacher that molests boys, and the human smuggler that exploits and kills illegals when their families can't pay his fee. The show is creative and so different that it works better then you could imagine.

Here is a promo for Dexter on Showtime and you can kind of get the premise of the story.

Jennica said...

So glad you blogged! I was wondering when, but that sounds great that you are getting released. That was way too long in the nursery and you want to be able to not dread sunday right? i would anyways, with the little tyrants in our nursery right now. and yes carter is in nursery, so i am really appreciative of our nursery ladies. they are saints!

Anonymous said...

My hat's off to you for hanging in there so long. The handbook says one year service at the most, I believe, but what bishopric ever reads the handbook? Hope they find something for you to do that involves adults. It would be nice for you to know more of your adult ward members.

Hope you'll do more posting this year like you say. It's fun to keep up on your life.

Love, Mom

Deke said...

Renee come on, when have the adults in any ward been better then the children? That doesn't exist. Les you deserve a break, no matter what your mom says. I sure hope she doesn't call your bishop like she has before to try to get you a calling.

Rachel said...

When you get a new calling you'll have to post it to your blog! I love hearing about what you do in Michigan...even if you think it's boring! By the way, I am tagging you. See ya!