Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm giving in...I've been tagged

The RULES:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog....

#1
Some things that I have decided to work on for 2008:
-Be more patient with others
-Read my scriptures on a more regularly (I'm not shooting for everyday because i am trying to be realistic)
-Eat better and be more aware of the things I am eating (sounds funny but i think i kid myself sometimes on how bad something is for me, for example chinese food, it is chicken and chicken is protein right so it can't be that bad, who am i kidding)

#2
I am really into cooking lately. My husband probably could kill me for all the stupid cooking shows I watch on the Food Network. But he must admit I have made some tasty things lately. If you don't get the Kraft magazine they send out for free I recommend going to their website and sign up to get it. I love it and I'm looking forward to my Rachael Ray magazine that should be arriving any time now (thanks Jen!!)

#3
I go through phases where I can't read enough and then I will go months without picking up a book. I love to read but for some reason this always happens.

#4
I love a good workout! I guess right now I am in a workout rut, I'm sick of running and lifting weights I'm look for anything new. I miss going to a good gym and being able to change things up with a step aerobics, weight or spinning class. Right now I'm resorting to my home dvd/video workout collection to switch things up a couple days a week.

#5
I wish I was more of a history buff. Ever since I met Deke he has taught me more things about our country and world's history than I ever learned in school. It isn't that I wasn't taught history, I guess I just didn't pay enough attention.

#6
I too like my sister Rachel, color my hair to keep the gray away. I have been doing this for years and I'm 29. Yikes, looks like I'm in for the long haul of coloring my hair. My friend Jessica and I would sit around on a Sunday afternoon and pluck each others gray hair out. It kept us busy for hours. Now I find out I should of just let them be as it is worse to pluck them. oops! But if there is one standing straight up I can't just leave it there.

4 comments:

Piano Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Piano Mom said...

I removed my commment...trying not to use the kids' real names on anything traceable. Loved the answers to your "TAG". Mom says you had the Mary Kay order shipped to me...I'll be sure to send you your stuff as soon as I can!

Jennica said...

Are you trying to rant on my chinese love of food! it's meat and veggies, how bad can it be. what bad stuff am i eating? i thought that was a healthy alternative to pizza, but now i'm not so sure. start taking tennis lessons, they are so fun! I'm totally pumped for my lesson tomorrow.

Troy and Heather said...

I'm glad to see that you set a goal to try to read your scriptures more often. You should set a goal to get your husband to go to church more often too. At a bare minimum he should at least attend Sacrament Meeting on Christmas and Easter. Start small so that it is not overwhelming for him.

P.S. Good luck with your diet. I have found that the best way to lose weight is to eat whatever you want whenever you want and then more. Then just before bed drink a glass of vegatable oil and eat a can of shortening. Before you know it you will be in great shape.