Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas and More..

So Oscar had a great 1st Christmas. He got spoiled a little too much by Grandma and Grandpa Larson (the majority of his gifts came from them) me and Deke did very little shopping. He now has plenty of things to entertain his little self! Are we horrible parents I didn't even wrap his presents and we let him play with them before Christmas.

Oscar sitting in his new chair that Santa brought for him ( grandma & grandpa Larson).

Oscar opening his very first present with some help from dad.

Playing with his new toy also from grandma & grandpa Larson.

Playing with his stuffed animal all the way from Germany from grandma & grandpa Harris.

The big highlight for me this Christmas was talking to my parents on the phone for over an hour! I find myself missing them more than I thought I would. I did live in Michigan for over 3 years and never really felt homesick too much. But being back in Utah and not seeing my parents when I want has been difficult. It was so good to talk to them and hear them so happy! I was expecting tears from my Mom and she didn't shed any. I think I was holding my back more than her. I also got to talk to them on my Mom's birthday on Jan. 1st and then helped them out on a card game they were wanting to play.

Oscar had his 4 month check up on the 26th and everything is good. He only put on little over 2 pounds in 2 months which had me worried but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. We decided to start feeding him a little rice cereal at night and by the 3rd feeding he was way into it and loving his cereal. He now gets a little bugged at me if I don't get it to him fast enough. (pictures are to come).
We went up to Logan to visit with my sisters. The ride up there was horrible. The roads hadn't been touched it seemed since the snow fall on Christmas. We made in 3 hours and decided to spend the night Oscar is a new kid in the car, thank goodness! He just plays and talks and then falls asleep! So nice he isn't crying the whole time anymore. Means I can actually start going places without worrying about the car ride!

Oscar has gotten his first 2 teeth. One morning one showed up and then a few days later the other one followed on the bottom. So cute, no wonder he hasn't been eating well! I have a feeling more are still on the way! He isn't even 5 months old yet.


Deke started his law review class at the U, so me and little O hangout together at night. We miss him tons but know he has to do lots of studying. Thank goodness it is only for 2 months and not a whole semester!

I feel like a new person. I have gotten back into my routine of going to the gym in the morning and if feels oh so good!! Hopefully I can finally get the rest of this baby (and holiday) weight off of me and get myself back into shape. I have been sore but it feels good to know I am doing something for myself that I love!

2 comments:

Jennica said...

Ohhh, little O is too cute! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas, and who cares about the whole wrapping thing. They totally don't get it, but letting him play with it before Christmas is well....pushing it lady, jk. It sounds like he is just growing so fast and getting even better and more pleasant. Happy for you! Tell Derrick good luck, we'll be pulling for him.

Natalie said...

I can't believe how adorable Oscar is and Rex just watched the videos with me and couldn't get enough. Now that Oscar is such a good passenger (thank the heavens, huh?), you two should come over one Saturday when the boys have class. I'm glad you're back on a routine, that you got to talk to your parents, and that Oscar loves his cereal. I miss you! BTW, you are not horrible parents for letting him play with his Christmas gifts early...this was the first year we even bought ANYTHING for our kids! :)