Friday, December 19, 2008

A Much Needed Night Out

Last night I was able to meet a couple of friends in Salt Lake for dinner. It was the 3rd time I have left Oscar and I must admit it was nice. Deke did a terrific job! He stuck with our nightly routine and I came home to a nice sleeping baby. Deke and his mom had to trick Oscar into taking his bottle (he doesn't take it too well). Deke squirted his vitamins into his mouth and grandma held the bottle in his mouth and it got him to suck and realize it was milk. It was nice to enjoy dinner at Jason's Deli and not have to worry about what was happening at home. We had a fabulous time talking about the good old days and catching up on each other lives. Now that I know that things will go well at home, I will have to venture out a little more often.

3 comments:

Piano Mom said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a relaxing night away. Of course, I think you need to get out periodically even if things don't go well at home. Derrick is a good dad-he'll deal with whatever Oscar throws at him.

Jennica said...

That's terrific! It's always nice when you get home that things went well. So that you're both willing to do it again. Good for Derrick, I bet he's a great dad, and parenting is all about tricking them.

Natalie said...

Yes, I think we need to have a girls' night out; I'm weaning Rex this week. :) I'm so glad you had fun with your friends and got to do some good 'ol chatting and catching up. I totally agree with Jennica...parenting is about finding the best tricks (Adam's theory is that parents should "arrange the circumstances" so the kids do what they're supposed to and believe it's their idea). I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!