Thursday, January 29, 2009

4 more weeks to go!

So yes I am on a countdown to when Deke will be done with the Bar. I just can't wait to have a husband back and I know little O is just as excited as I am! In the morning Deke takes Oscar while I go to the gym and I know it is his favorite time of the day. I think he gets a little disappointed if I decide to take the day off because he then doesn't get his alone time with him.

Things that we have been up too:

I had a wonderful lunch at Cafe Rio with my 2 sisters last week. We laughed and had a good time! Oscar was so good to let us just talk each others ear off. I enjoy hanging out with my sisters so much I wish I could see them more often, they are my best friends.

After lunch I went to check out a jogging stroller I found on KSL. It was in great shape when I saw it and so I couldn't pass it up. Afterwards Oscar and I headed over to Target and did a little shopping. Why doesn't the Tooele Valley get a Target, things would be so much better if they did!

Friday I went and got a pedicure with my sister in law. Again Oscar tagged along with us and was so good to just sit on my lap and check out everything that was going on. My toes were in bad shape and really needed some work done on them!

Saturday was just nice hanging out with Deke all day! I look forward to the weekends because I know he will be around! After I put Oscar to bed me and sister in law headed to the movies to see Bride Wars. Such a cute flick!

Sunday Deke and I had to talk in church. The counselor didn't give us a topic to talk on so we picked to talk about Joseph Smith. Deke's mom hung out with Oscar at home so we would not be disrupted during the talks. I must admit I really enjoyed sacrament meeting. A missionary talked after us and he did a excellent job! Missionaries always impress me with how well they know the scriptures and how they can just rattle off a talk without preparing.

Today was such a beautiful day that I decided to test out the stroller, so Oscar and I went for a little walk. He wined for a little when he got tired and then fell right to sleep. I am excited to go running with him when it is nice outside. He will be my running partner.

Here are a few new pictures of our little boy. He is changing so much. He loves to eat! So far he has had sweet potatoes (are his favorite), squash, and peas. I got him some little puffs that are flavored sweet potatoes too. He has tried all sorts of my food lately. I know his favorite would be the fudgesicle he gets on occasion. He splashes like crazy now in his bath and gets water everywhere. He is rolling all over the room when I'm not in there. If I'm there he wines until I get him (what a stinker!) Oscar is getting easier and easier to go to bed too. He sleeps from 8'ish until 5'ish, what I would give if he just slept until 6. He does usually fall back asleep in our bed after he eats at 5. So I guess I shouldn't complain. Tonight I put him down and he was still awake and he didn't even cry for 2 minutes. Hooray! Deke and I think he is the BEST! How grateful I am that I am able to be a mom. Sometimes it is very challenging but so worth it!

6 comments:

Renee said...

And what a good mom you are, Leslie bird. It is fun reading your blog when you talk about Oscar. The pictures are so.......cute. Keep 'em coming. We really enjoy them.

Today we fixed lunch for the missionaries (8) because we wanted to honor Elder Christensen who is going home. He is a neat elder. I did 2 crock pots of my stew, green salad, homemade rolls (that were delicious - can't wait to let you taste them - you'll be impressed) and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Everyone oo'd & ah'd because that's what missionaries do best but it was a very good meal.

It was kind of a pain doing. I baked the cake yesterday while I was at the Center & then when I got home last night I made the dough for the rolls. We got up this morning at 7 am & came down to the Center to get the stew in the crock pots to cook by 8 am. Then we went back home and had some breakfast, changed into our missionary clothes & came back to the Center to finish the job at 10 am but we do love the missionaries. They make us smile a lot & that is good when you're missing your own kids so dang much.

Because everyone will be reading your blog, I'm not going to re-tell the whole lunch thing for each & every.

We love you more each day because we can sense what a good job you are doing with our youngest grandson.

Love, Mom & Dad

Piano Mom said...

Lunch was so much fun-I think we should try to do that once a month! I love all the pictures of Oscar-he really is the cutest baby boy! I'm jealous you found the time to go get a pedicure :). I've been trying to get a few projects done while Bryan has been in Texas and I'm not nearly as far down the list as I wanted to be. Oh well!

Rachel said...

I'm glad to hear that Oscar likes the new jogging stroller...he gets cuter and cuter every day. I agree with Alayna on getting together for lunch once a month...it's always fun to hang out as sisters!

Jennica said...

So jealous I am missing out on so much! You need to come and visit me in March. I'll have Rob go on a campout or something. Your posts are so great Les, they really sound like you and I can feel the joy of motherhood in every word about Oscar. He is super cute and has changed so much already. I hope all goes well for Derrick in the next few months!

Natalie said...

Hooray! I think our families need to go on a cruise or do something fantastic on February 26th. I can't wait for that darn test to be over, either. Little O is so darling! It looks like he's getting some meat on his bones; I'm glad he loves his sweet potatoes and that he's sleeping better. Isn't life better when the babes get on a normal-ish schedule? We need to get together soon!

Heidi said...

Leslie, I found your blog through your facebook page. You have the cutest little boy! Sounds like you are happy and doing well.