Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Things Going On...

A few things have changed for me. They released me from nursery. Shocking I know. I thought I was doomed for another 3 years of nursery leader (which really wouldn't be all that bad). My new calling is Beehive Advisor in the Young Womens. I taught my first lesson on Sunday. I think it went ok. Our YW suffers in our ward. There aren't too many girls. I had 3 girls in class on Sunday but 2 of the girls really aren't in YW yet (they turn 12 in May, the bishop said they could come so a less active girl wouldn't have to be alone). They were fun and more talkative then I was expecting so that was good. I need to be better through the week getting things together so I don't stay up until 1:30 Saturday night getting my handouts and things together.

Oscar is getting so BIG! He is learning tons of new things. He claps his hands and shacks his head no. He begs for food when he sees others eating (that one not so cute, a little annoying sometimes because he doesn't give up until he gets many bites). We have retired the little bath tub and he now takes baths in the big bath tub. He likes it even more than his little bath. He splashes like crazy and has tons more room. He has officially cut his 7th tooth now. I swear he is going to have a full mouth full by the time he reaches 1. He is still the BEST, even if he didn't want to sleep last night and deprived his mother of much needed sleep. He still isn't fully crawling on all fours. He scouts and will rock up onto all fours but when he tries to move forward he face plants it into the ground. Maybe one day he will figure it all out.

Derrick is enjoying work (which is good)! He doesn't dread going in every day. We went shopping on Saturday to get him some new suits and boy are those things pricey! Atleast I think he now has enough to be a respectable attorney. His parents were nice enough to purchase a suit and men's warehouse had buy one get one free so that worked out good. But you would think that alterations were included for free. NOPE, you have to pay extra to actually get them to fit you. I don't understand this but oh well, what can you do. A couple more ties and a pair of new shoes and he is set for now.

Here are few new pictures of our pride and joy!!

Doesn't he look cute in yellow!

Playing with his new tool kit. Doesn't he look so much older!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You are going to be an awesome Beehive advisor...I find it somewhat humorous that 3 of us sisters are serving in the Young Womens Organization.
We experienced sticker shock too when it came time for Rob to invest in a few suits...and they don't seem to hold up quite like they used to.
I can't believe how big Oscar is getting...he'll be crawling before you know it and then life will never be the same!!!

Renee said...

We are not getting all the pictures to come up for us. The first one is so cute. I want one to hang on my wall. He looks like a real sweetie in it.

Congratulations on the new calling. You'll be good at it. The girls will love you but don't forget that you're the advisor & teacher, not so much of a friend. Friendly, though.

Jennica said...

Mom, gives good advice. So true....You will have so much fun! I loved being in YW's.

I love that Oscar! His smile just makes me so happy!

And again, so happy for Derrick and you guys. I'm sure he's looking pretty sleak in his new suits. I love when men get ALL dressed up. Does he like wearing suits to work????

Piano Mom said...

I know you'll love YW! And Beehives are so happy to be there...they are excited about everything. My advice-don't get hung up on the handouts. We don't do handouts too often...President Hinckley's advice to SIMPLIFY definitely applies here.

Natalie said...

I'm glad you FINALLY got released from nursery, but to be honest, I think I'd take toddlers over teenagers. :) Just kidding. You'll be awesome in YW. I think it's cool to go do the "new attorney" shopping; congratulations! Oscar is so darn cute and I love his little overalls.