Friday, April 10, 2009

Yummy Fondue

Nat, I stole this picture from your blog :)

My friend Natalie invited me to take a fondue class at Thanksgiving Point with her. The class was taught by someone from the melting pot and now I have a few of their recipes to make. She demonstrated how to make the fondue and then we were all able to taste it. It was excellent! It was fun talking with Natalie and seeing her cute family again. Her girls Amber and Karli are always entertaining and Rex is the most laid back little boy (maybe Oscar could take some lessons from him)!


5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Maybe instead of doing lunch, we should get together at someones house and you can make yummy fondue for us. Did you sell your place in Michigan yet?

Natalie said...

I made, wait, let me re-phrase, failed an attempt at making fondue today. I tried the cheddar (I even bought beer at the local grocery store in front of my ward members), and despite my best efforts to add the cheese gradually, ended up with a disgusting, rubbery ball of cheddar and swiss swimming in a mixture of Corona and oil. Nasty! Then, I tried to do the cookies n' cream chocolate recipe and scorched three batches. Boo. Maybe we'll have to go back for another round of instruction. :)

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I was thinking of taking those cooking classes so we could do Melting Pot at home. That sounds like fun!

Piano Mom said...

Hope you plan on sharing those recipes! Sounds divine.

Jennica said...

That sounds like a fun class to take! Hope you can recreate that cookies n' cream one Natalie talked about, I bet it's tasty!