Monday, May 18, 2009

Deke's Big Day

Friday Deke got got admitted to the Utah State Bar. So he is a legal attorney now. I can't believe this journey is over. 3 years surely went by fast. The ceremony wasn't too exciting. A judge talked way to long in my opinion. I guess I stopped listening after his first 2 points (he had 13). I guess the highlight of his talk were the 5 P's Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance. I guess my mind and focus was more on trying to keep Oscar entertained. Thanks to all those who came and supported Deke. I am so proud of all of Deke's hard work! Today was his first day being able to go in front of the judge. He said everything went well. I am just glad that he is loving what he is doing. I think he likes his job too much because he leaves the house around 7 and doesn't get home until 6 most nights. I am trying to be understanding with the long hours but will admit that I have a hard time some days (when Oskie isn't feeling good and I'm ready for a break). Deke would now like to be referred to as Esquire by all :)!




3 comments:

Piano Mom said...

So happy for both of you! Hope that the clients and the bucks come rolling in :).

Renee said...

Congratulations, Derrick! We're sure you are glad to see this day arrive. Hope things will now fall into place for you & Leslie & Oscar.

Love, Gary & Renee

Jennica said...

So I'm thinking that you need to update your background. It is summer time sweetie!