Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leslie's Earworms brought to you by Deke.

Oops it looks like someone's blog got hacked into, Leslie is sound asleep. I was wondering how long it would take her to notice me posting on it. In our little place there have been a few songs that are on heavy rotation because of Leslie and I wanted to share them with you.

Just to help you out an "Earworm" is a song that crawls in your ears and you can't get it out. These are the songs you find yourself singing over and over.


Phoenix -1901


Leslie and Oscar dance to this a couple times a night. Not only is it one of Leslie's favorite songs, but Oscar likes it too. Phoenix's album is solid and has a lot of other great songs, if you find this song to be catchy then check it out.

Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson - Relator


Both Leslie and I are big fans of this little album by Yorn and Johansson. Maybe it is the hook that gets everyone; whatever it is, I like it. Oscar has cut holes in the rug dancing to this little tune.

After Midnight Project - Take me home.


When I get into the car after Leslie is back from the gym this song is always blaring on the car's stereo. I'm wondering if I should be worried about this because all of these band members have lots of hair the opposite of me. Yes, Leslie likes some hard music I guess, but she doesn't go much harder then this. I'm surprised she isn't into Poison, Ratt, or Slaughter too.

DJ Earworm - United State of Pop 2009


Leslie was jamming out to this the other day, so I can't actually say it is played often. I thought I'd just throw it in to round off the post. I'm guessing Leslie will find this tomorrow and shoot me off a text about it, however, if I would have put this as one of her favorite song she would have deleted the whole post.
Deke

No comments: