Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentines

I sure do love my boys! They both make my heart bigger each day! They bring me so much joy, laughter and happiness. I feel so blessed to have them in my life. I have come to find out how much they are alike. It is kindof crazy! Physically they both have the bluest eyes, the same lips, the same skinny long toes (yuck!) and the same hairline (poor oskie!). As Oscars personality comes out more and more here are a few other similarities:

They both talk all the time. Oscar jabbers all day long and will throw out a few words here and there. But if you have been with my husband, you know he can go non-stop. One time when we were still dating we drove to Brigham City for his friends baby blessing and on the way up he talked the entire way up. As we got closer he looked at me and said you have been quiet. I said, I can't get a word in!

Deke could not LIVE without peanut butter and honey sandwiches. He let Oscar have his first bite the other day and Oscar almost ate the entire sandwich. Guess I will keep the cupboards stocked with PB and honey!

Deke has a LOVE for music. He is always surfing the internet in search of some little band who hasn't hit it big. He HATES the radio and most popular music. He loves live shows and could spend every night at a new show! Oscar has been sucked into Deke's love as well. Oscar will sit on his lap as he searches YouTube for any live concert of his new favorite band. At night we turn out all the lights and use Oskies light he got from Gma Maggie and dance around our place. Our own little club!
The other day Oscar out of the blue got a bloody noise. Deke gets these quite often in the winter time and appears his son is the same way!

Seriously way to many similarities! The list goes on....

I sure couldn't live without either of these guys in my life!! LOVE them!

1 comment:

Deke said...

I can't wait until Oscar is old enough to go to live shows because his mother is on concert probation. We are going to be hitting up all the hip shows. Oscar and I are going to be painting the town and getting down. Maybe we will allow Leslie in the club, if she comes around to our way of thinking about The Black Keys.