Wednesday, March 12, 2008

HandyMan

My husband is the best. Last night I went to the gym and when I came out the car wouldn't start. I thought it was just a dead battery, why I don't know because I didn't leave the lights on and Deke just replaced the battery but that was my only guess. So this guy tried to jump the little civic and it wouldn't do anything. Deke was in class until 10 so I called my friend Caroline to see if she could come pick me up and give me a ride home. Her and her husband showed up and he tried to jump the car again and still nothing so they brought me home. When Deke got home from class we headed back to the gym to see if he could figure it out. Again we tried to jump the thing and nothing happened. Deke brought me back home so I could go to bed (it was after 10 so it was getting late for me). He said he would try a few more things and have our friend drive it home if he got it to work.

This morning i woke up and to my suprise the civic was parked in front of our house. My husband is so handy! He told me he replaced a cable and that made it work. It seems like that little civic has been giving us some trouble the last few months. But it seems like my dog solved the mystery now! i'm so lucky he is handy! He seems to be able to fix almost anything. Love my HandyMan!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you finally posted. I've enjoyed catching up on all the blogs. They have really brightened my afternoon, giving me lots of smiles and chuckles. Love my daughters!!!

I know that Derrick is a handyman because of all the echineasia & lysine he's been taking.

And there you have it, the answer to it all!!!

Love, Mom

Jennica said...

Wow, who knew mom was so funny! Gotta love the echinacea and lysine, (the least she could have done was to spell it right!) Anyways, loved the post and how wonderful it is to have a husband that can fix stuff! Kudos to Derrick for all his talents.

oh, and why do you have the word verification on your leave your comment? what does it do?

Rachel said...

Man...how'd I end up with the only husband that is far from handy? Happy to hear that you are still going to the gym in your condition and all! Hope to see more posts about that said condition! Love ya!

Piano Mom said...

A handy husband is a great thing to have! Glad to hear Derrick was able to get the car running again (and I'm glad that he let you go home and get some sleep while he did it)! I'm impressed that you are still going to the gym...keep up the good work!

Leslie said...

jen i totally agree, moms comment made me laugh. i was excited to inform my hubby about moms wit. not sure about the word verification thing. hopefully deke can help me take it off.