Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Starting to Take After ME :)

I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere. Deke challenged me once to fall asleep at a concert we were at. And it seriously could of happened. So much to my surprise today this is how Oscar decided to fall asleep. Right in the middle of our lunch. I guess he was super tired because this has never happened before. We got up at 7 today and so I knew he was going to need an earlier nap so we ate lunch right at noon. I was sitting at the table enjoying my hot dog (thanks nat for sharing the secret about the low fat hebrew national, pretty tasty!) and reading the new forbes magazine we had gotten when I looked over and Oscar was totally falling asleep trying to eat his zesty tomato cheese puffs and string cheese. I just had to laugh. So like any good mom I hurried and documented the event with a short little video using my phone and then taking a few shots with the camera. Then of course, I got him out and put him down in his crib to sleep. I really never thought this day would come. I guess we have spoiled our little guy by rocking him to sleep for his naps and bedtime. That is why I am shocked he fell asleep on his own. I love that he has half the cheese puff still in his mouth. Reminds me of my sisters son Josh falling asleep with darts stuck to his forehead and chin.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Can't stop laughing!

Renee said...

Glad that you caught this with your camera or phone. He is so dang cute. Can't wait to get acquainted with the little guy.

Love, Mom & Dad

Natalie said...

That is too funny! I also love the picture of Josh. Oscar is such a cute little kid. We definitely need to let our kids play together (after I pull out all of Rex's teeth, of course) again soon; mine haven't stopped talking about how much fun they had. I'm glad you love the Hebrew Nationals; they are my fave! :)

Jennica said...

and to think both the cheese puff and darts are the same color of orange! I love kids and the things they do...and I sure love that Oscar!