Sunday, August 16, 2009

Look Who is 1


**I saw this idea for appliqued onesies on my friends blog and had to make one
I seriously can't believe Oscar is already 1. Where does the time go? We celebrated his birthday on Saturday (his actually birthday was Friday). He had his aunts, uncles and cousins all help him celebrate this big milestone! He enjoyed feeding himself his own cake! He had so much fun playing with cousins and all his new toys!

Oscar is very into Wubbzy (hence the cake), trucks (i swear boys must come programmed knowing how to make car sounds because he already does this), getting into the kitchen cupboards, otter pops, dancing to music, giving his stuffed animals kisses, playing the air drums (but now he has his own drum to pound on), and getting tons of attention from his parents. He chatters all day long but isn't saying too many real words, just mama, dada and izzy (deke's parents dog). We love him so much and are so grateful for him. He brings us way to much happiness!!

**the masterpiece

**He loved opening presents and paid attention to all the gifts he received.

**Singing Happy Birthday, he looks ready to blow out the candles

**enjoying his very own birthday cake

**all done, clapping for himself!

Thanks everyone for coming and celebrating with us. Oscar is so lucky to have such a great family who loves him!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy birthday cute Oscar! He is adorable and I'm so impressed by that Wubzy cake and the darling onesie. How cute! I'm glad he had a fun birthday. What a handsome, big boy. :)

Jennica said...

Oh man he is awesome! So cute and I love how his "enjoyed" that cake. Great job on the Wubzy masterpiece....I so wish we could have been there! We really need to get together for a loooong visit. Luv you guys!

Renee said...

We made a comment on the email but I gotta say something about the cake. It is way cute, what talent, Mom!!! What an adorable ONE year old. He looks completely delighted with center stage. Wish we could have been there. Give him some kisses & hugs from us. Nice to see the other pictures of family, too.

Love, Gpa & Gma

The Moody's said...

What a fun party! Leslie I am impressed with your cake. He really looks like a happy kid in all his pics. I can't believe he is one. It totally flies. My baby is already a month old at the end of the week. The grow up too fast.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That onesie looks so cute and I love the cake! Happy Birthday Oscar! He is adorable!!

Piano Mom said...

What a wonderful little boy! I loved watching him enjoy his cake and his toys.