Thursday, March 5, 2009

March already

We have been enjoying the sunshine the last week! Oscar loved swinging in the swing outside and going for walks. He is so curious as to his surroundings lately. He wants to see everything! I was sad to wake up to snow on the ground this morning. Deke is all done with the bar thank goodness. Now we just get to wait 8 to 10 weeks to find out the results. He started back at the law office in Tooele yesterday. I'm glad he loves the practice of law and gets excited about it!

Life with Oscar and I are pretty much the same. Yesterday Oscar scooted for the first time to get something within his reach. He rolls all over the floor like crazy now too. Before he did it but I think he now understands he can get things by doing it. He will get up on all fours and just rock back and forth but no crawling yet. He sits up pretty good on his own, but will fall over after awhile. At his 6 month checkup he was 28 inches long and weighed 15 1/2 pounds. Needless to say he is tall and skinny. They said his ideal weight for his height would be 20 pounds. So we are going to try and fatten him up. He loves food and wants to eat everything we are eating. His top teeth and coming through now too. One has broken through but the other one is on its way. We are both looking forward to more sunny days and spring! I can't wait for the tulips! I love spring time, just wish it would come faster and last longer!


5 comments:

Natalie said...

He is so darn cute! Karli is sitting on my lap and she just screamed, "Ooooh! Ostar is doll-lind (that means darling)". We need to get together soon.

Jennica said...

Man, I just wanna squeeze his cheeks! I'm excited for him to really get going, once he's mastered crawling.
He is so cute! Enjoy it all lady, remember it all goes so fast! Get out the camera and record all his noises and put them on your blog so I can hear him!
Miss you

Rebekah said...

Happy late birthday. I would have wished it sooner, but I don't have internet access until the weekends. I hope you had a great day!!!

Piano Mom said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bottom picture! His smile always makes me happy!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Hey Leslie! Glad you found me on Facebook so I could find your blog! I just browsed through a little bit to see what you've been up to (I hope you don't mind)! It's been fun! I have a blog, too if you want to check it out: livinginmoments.blogspot.com. Anyway, it was really great to see you the other day and will be fun to stay in touch now!