Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend Happenings

I live for the weekends and they come and go so fast. Friday after work my dog and I headed to the movies to see American Gangster starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. We were both pretty excited for the movie and were maybe just a little disappointed with it. It was a good movie don't get me wrong but it wasn't all that we had hoped it would be. Friday night we decided to go grab something to eat at Wendy's and after we shut the locked door to our house Deke realized he didn't have the keys. We tried to break into the house through the kitchen window that worked for us the first time we locked ourselves out of the house. But the windows were locked so there was no getting in. We walked over to our friends house to get the number to call for someone in the complex to come let us in. Thank goodness he called right back and came and let us in. Needless to say I think we have learned our lesson to lock the door after we leave the house.

Saturday around 11 at night we decided to head to our most favorite place on earth, Meijer (a grocery store chain here in Michigan). We decided it was time to take back all the empty pop cans to get the 10 cents back that we were already charged (they make you recycle your cans to get the 10 cents back). Well we load them all up (and it had been awhile so we had few) and head to our favorite place in Lansing. On the door to the store they have posted that the bottle return is full so they are not able to return any pop cans. This did not go over well with us but what can you do. So we had to put them back in the car and bring them back home. Not very productive shopping trip. I would switch to a different grocery store but our choices here are very limited and Kroger (the other grocery chain here) has already made us both pretty mad we have sworn off shopping at that store.


I have to give a SHOUT OUT to Karli today, it is her big 30th Birthday! Kar, I hope you had a good birthday! I'm glad that we have stayed friends for all these years! I hope you will always be a part of my life. I tried to call but I'm sure you are out celebrating. I will give you ring tomorrow to see how the big day was.
Just remember that... 30's HOT!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had an uneventful, but somehow eventful weekend. We went and saw the movie Stardust on Friday and it was way good. Keep the posts coming...we all love to know what you do there in Michigan.

Deke said...

I just want to make it clear about Meijer when Les says it is our favorite place on the earth she means we would both rather get kicked in the head then go there for fun. I can't wait to get out of Lansing where the grocery stores are nasty dirty and their customer service is worse. Maybe that is why my dog gets in fights at Meijer because of the harsh conditions and it makes her feel like a street fighter. Rachel I'm surprised you aren't singing the praises of "Hairspray" isn't that your type of movie?

Jennica said...

I'm just glad that somone else has the same problem i had. I must have locked myslef out 4 or 5 times back at our apartment in logan. i think it's the dumbest thing to be able to lock the door from the inside, but still turn the knob never knowing you are about to have an adventure getting back in.

Piano Mom said...

Wow...what an exciting weekend in a not so great way! Hope you and Derrick had a good anniversary. Thanks for the book recommendation...I'll take it with me to my book group tonight. We just finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult...very good, kind of sad though. Let me know if you read any other great ones! Bye for now!

Anonymous said...

There taken our jobs!!!! Der deren der der!!!