Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oscar Turns 2

The Birthday Boy!
What a fun day (or I should say night as I spent all day preparing for the party). Oscar had a Curious George Birthday Party. We enjoyed navajo tacos, cake and ice cream. He loved opening his presents and was so excited with everything he got. He is a lucky boy! He ran and played the night away. I can't believe he is already 2. Where did the time go! He is such a sweet boy. Deke and I talk every night before we go to bed how lucky we are to have him and how happy he makes us. He is the BEST thing we have ever done! Our life is much brighter with him in it.

Here are a few pics from the event.

He loved unwrapping the presents and did pretty good at staying focused.

Making sure he got EVERYTHING out of the sack.

Giving George (from Matthews Family) a ride on his new tricycle.

Curious George Cake (didn't turn out as cute as the pic, but it was our first time making fondant.)

Enjoying himself some cake and ice cream

Running around having a good time messy face and all!

I am so thankful that my sister Jen came and helped me in the kitchen ALL afternoon. We were busy putting together the birthday cake and cooking all the scones. If she wouldn't of been here I don't know what I would of done. I wasn't expecting everything to be so time consuming. Everything turned out Great, so it was worth all the work! Thanks to everyone that came and celebrated with us!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a cutie! I'm so impressed by that cake. Did you make the fondant from scratch? You are my hero! Oskins is darling and we loved having him over with you. My kids can't stop talking about him.