Friday, May 2, 2008

Dr Appt...Yikes!

Well yesterday I had my 24 week doctor appt. Everything is fine. I had a shocker when I stepped on the scale. It was a little depressing actually. I was expecting to put on a little more than a few pounds but was blown away at the number. I knew I indulged a little bit in Chicago with all the yummy food, but I figured with all the walking we did it wouldn't be that bad. But it was... So, I have gone back to the drawing board and am re-evaluating all that I have been consuming. Hopefully the next 16 weeks I can keep things under control. The doctor didn't seem concerned he just said make sure I didn't have any more months like that one.

Other than my Dr appointment, nothing too exciting happening. We had a good time in Chicago. It was fun hanging out with Deke's little bro and wife. Did some things that were fun some things not so fun (I would not recommend going to the Science and Industry Museum if you aren't taking kids). I'm sure one of us will post some pics from the trip soon.

6 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Seriously loved hearing about your appointment over the phone! Made me smile! I wish you could have been here for Dad's retirement dinner. It was so yummy and thanks for the "heads-up" on the desserts...I had "chocolate decadence" and a berry mousse...probably gained a couple of pounds just in that one meal! Can't wait to see you!

Brynn said...

Amen about bad dr. appts. At my last appt on Thursday I was the same weight I was when I delivered Joseph. DANG BEDREST!

Rachel said...

You seriously crack me up! I eventually started looking away when they would weigh me...you gotta love being pregnant!

Jennica said...

I agree with Rachel, just turn your head away from the numbers and their clipboard. We all know once you've delivered you'll be exercising like a mad woman and it'll come off quicker than you think. Thanks for the post though, it was funny.

TaraB said...

Hello - This is Anna's sister and you have a dang cute blog!!! Can you send me the instructions or site that you used to update your look on your blog. I would love to do some cute things on mine.

Thanks!

Natalie said...

That is too funny, only because I know how it goes! :) I am super excited for you to have your little boy; Rex is such a delight and I'm excited for him to have a pal. I need to get on the consumption-reevaluation plan, too, because I'm dying now that I can actually see my hips and how grand they've become!